Tokyo Athletic Club Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “TAC”) has the operation of membership-based gyms as its primary business. With regard to all of the personal information in our possession, based upon the philosophy of “Protecting information is at the base of service”, we have established to following personal information protection policy, have implemented it, and aim to maintain it, being deeply aware of its importance, and managing it carefully while we comply with the laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, Japanese national guidelines, and other standards.
- TAC shall obtain personal information by lawful and fair means that, having the obtained the consent of its users, lie within the scope of its purposes.
- TAC shall use and furnish entrusted personal information within the scope of its intended use. Furthermore, it shall not handle personal information beyond the scope that is required to attain its intended use (usage outside of purpose of use) and to that end shall take measure to realize this.
- TAC shall take measures that are appropriate to protect the personal information that is was entrusted with, prevent unauthorized access to personal information, leakage of personal information, loss or damage to personal information, carry out revisions should they be required, and shall continuously endeavor to improve its personal information protection management system.
- TAC shall comply with the laws and ordinances concerning the protection of personal information and comply with the guidelines prescribed by Japan as well as with other standards.
- TAC shall not disclose or provide personal information to third parties for any reason unless there is a legitimate reason, such as complying with laws and ordinances, etc.
- TAC shall respond to complaints and inquiries about personal information in an appropriate and prompt fashion.
Date enacted: April 1, 2005
Date revised: May 1, 2018
Tokyo Athletic Club Co., Ltd.
Hiroto Masamura, CEO
In charge of inquiries on behalf of our company
Contacting hours: Weekdays, 9:00 – 18:00
Privacy Mark system
TAC has been authorized to use the “Privacy Mark”
This emblem is based on the “Privacy Mark System” operated by the general corporate judicial person Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community, and the use private information handled by our company as been authorized, proven that it is properly handled in accordance with JIS Q 15001, “Personal information protection management systems – Requirements”.
Regarding the protection of personal information
The definition of personal information
By this is meant information that is intrinsic to an individual through which a specific individual can be identified by means of name, date of birth, or any other descriptions present in the information (including anything that can easily be compared with other information, thereby identifying a specific individual) as well as anything that contains a personal identification code.
Items regarding the publication of personal information
TAC shall handle personal information it has obtained in accordance with JIS Q 15001: 2017 for which the requirements are as follows.
Tokyo Athletic Club Co., Ltd.
1. Purpose of obtaining and use of personal information
TAC shall obtain personal information for use within the scope of the following:
（1）When obtaining directly from individuals themselves by means other than writing
|Type of personal information||Purpose of use||Disclosure category|
|Video registration with security cameras||Security||Non-disclosure|
|Recruitment information obtained from a recruitment website||Recruitment activities||Non-disclosure|
|Personal information entrusted with by business partners||Carrying out commissioned business for sport classrooms etc.||Non-disclosure|
（2）The company’s “Disclosure of relevant personal information” (obtain directly in writing)
|Type of personal information||Purpose of use|
|Request or inquiry from the person who supplied the personal information||
|Personal information concerning you as a customer||
|Casualty insurance companies and insurance agents||
|Personal information of a business contact||
|Recruitment candidates, personal information of applicants||
|Personal information of employees||
|Personal information of our company’s visitors||
2. Regarding the disclosure of relevant personal information
（1）The purpose of use of personal information subject to disclosure
As described in 1. “Regarding the disclosure of relevant personal information”. However, when handling specific personal information, even if the person themselves have given consent, it shall not be furnished beyond the scope of what is offered. However, when disclosure is carried out in a way where a specific individual cannot be identified, such as statistical data (for example, the number of applicants by age) or when the offering is requested by law, etc., then these limits may not apply.
（2）Regarding disclosure procedure
Regarding the disclosure of personal information in possession of TAC, it shall promptly respond to requests about notification of usage purpose, disclosure, corrections, addition or deletion of contents, usage suspension, deletion, and suspension of provision to third parties (such as disclosure.) With regards to the procedure, please get in touch with the information contact listed below. We shall review the content of your request and respond in writing.
- Disclosure procedure method -
- If individuals themselves or their proxies wish to notify, disclose, correct, add or delete contents, suspend or delete usage of personal information, or suspend its provision to third parties (such as disclosure,) then we will send the necessary documents, so please contact “3. Contact information for inquiries regarding disclosure of personal information, etc., or complaints”.
- 1. After you have filled in the required items in the attached “Personal Information Disclosure Etc. Form”, then please apply to “3. Contact information for inquiries regarding disclosure of personal information, etc., or complaints”.
- In the case of the purpose of use of the personal information or a request for disclosure, we will charge you 200 yen per case plus basic registered postage.
(We shall not use the personal information supplied through the “Personal Information Disclosure Etc. Form” for any purposes other than to contact the person who made the inquiry. However, in situations where a proxy has made an inquiry, we will verify that you are a proxy with power of attorney.)
3.Contact information for inquiries regarding disclosure of personal information, etc., or complaints
The following is the contact point for disclosure of personal information, etc., as well as complaints and inquiries.
- Inquiries: Consultation department
- Post:2-14-16 Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo 164-0001
- Business hours: Weekdays from 9:00 to 18:00 (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and our company holidays)
4. Person in charge of personal information protection
The person in charge of personal information protection at TAC:
Chief Privacy Officer: Senior Vice President
5. Concerning the authorized personal information protection group of which TAC is a business member.
TAC is a business member of the authorized personal information protection group general corporate judicial person Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community. You can file complaints about the handling of personal information by the business member to this group, and we can offer to resolve your complaint.
- Name of the authorized personal information protection group -
General corporate judicial person Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community
- Contact information for complaint resolution -
- Address: Roppongi First Building F12, 1-9-9 Minato-ku, Roppongi, Tokyo 106-0032
- Phone: 81-3-5860-7565